Wednesday, May 28, 2008

June Sketch on the Fiskars ANZ Blog

Thought I would quickly get this uploaded in between morning naps for bubs and preschool pick up here...

Here is my take on Trina's awesome June sketch on the Fiskars ANZ Blog ... Such a fun one to work with...

I printed the larger photo onto canvas paper in color and printed the smaller photos onto photo paper in sepia to create a contrast.

I loved working with the Cloud 9 rub ons as they work really well.. plus they added the little bit extra I was looking for at the end as they were a last minute addition.

I played around with how I was going to use the Scrap boss to add some embossing to my layout. I ended up with a scroll and lightly saned it on the "right" side to expose the core color. I still wanted to add some dimension to it so out came my embossing pen and some clear embossing powder and TA DAAA added dimension to the scroll... With the scraps I had I embossed a butterfly. I saned and embossed again to add dimension and then cut it out. Adding a few beads to the centre of the wings and folding in the centre it was ready to fly off of my page.

Lastly my sewing machine got a bit of a work out too to add to the page... I added some beads and sequin flowers and then it was all done... Fairly simple though I feel very effective...

Why not pull out your embossing stuff and have a play.... you will be amazing at the amazing things that you can come up with....

Products used for this were:

Heidi Grace - Cherrywood Lane - Embossed paper and double sided

Bazzill

Cloud9 Layer Me "Love" Rub ons

Beads and Sequin Flowers

Music Note Paper

Antiquing Ink

Embossing Powder and Pen

Tools used:

Fiskars Stylus

Fiskars Paper Trimmer

Fiskars Embossing Templates and Scrap Boss

Fiskars Microtip Scissors

Sewing Machine

Jar Bottom





Enjoy... Happy scrapping and thanks for looking...

Cheers Michelle

1 comment:

Kerryn said...

This is such a gorgeous LO Michelle. I've tagged you Michelle, all the details are on my blog.