Saturday, May 3, 2008

Quick Share of some Layouts

Hello there everyone...

Just thought I would share with you a few layouts that I have done recently.

I was lucky enough to have been chosen to do a secret mission for the 3 Fiskateers at the the Fiskateers site. The theme was "Don't theme me".. the idea was to create layouts or OTP items with heart raindots by Cloud9 and Valentine's ribbon by Cloud9. However the layout were NOT to be Love, Romance or Valentine related.

These are the two layouts that I had published on the Fiskateers site at the start of April:



Pure Bliss- This layout I create with a photo I had taken a few years ago on a scrapbooking retreat.. when this challenge came in I knew this would work really well. The colours in the photo I felt suited this paper. The photo for me was a special on… YES I know a food photo may seem like a strange thing to be special but for me it was. It was taken at my first scrapbooking retreat away from my family and to me was a perfect start to the day. I had always known I wanted to scrap this photo and this was the perfect opportunity to do so.
My tip with this layout for everyone is to not be scared to hand cut your titles. I am a big fan of the finger tip knife and it is now my new best friend. The definition and ease of use has made hand cutting my titles so much more appealing to me. I am able to recycle cardboard from the house so much easier now. I adhered some of the Heidi Grace paper onto the cardboard, traced the title out and cut it all out with ease with my trusted faithful friend. Once I had lightly sanded the edges to tidy it up I applied a thin coat of Dimensional magic to give it a nice gloss finish.



Precious - This layout took a little longer for me to create. I had the basic layout worked out and knew what photo I wanted to use.. though was unsure how to embellish this layout. It also took me a little while to work out the title for this one. I love my children’s eyes as they away seem to talk another language… if you know what I mean. I love working with these colours too as they are not your traditional baby themed colours, which suit her personality, as she is almost like a little adult and not a true “baby baby”…I used the baby range of Fiskars stamps to stamp in the centre of the flowers before I adhered the heart rain dot on top.
My tip for this layout is to remember that hand stitching can be fun. I draw what I want to stitch onto my layout first to play out with what it looks like. Then I go along once happy with my design and used my paper piercer to make the holes to stitch. Then I let myself go and stitched away to my hearts content. For a little added bling I had add some of the rain dots to the stitching decorations to give it a little extra.
Another quick tip too… don’t forget that if you have any left over alphabet sticks from other another paper range that you can colour them to suit your layout using permanent markers. Then add a bit of Dimensional magic to create a whole new look.

Lastly this is another layout I created at the same time for the mission but didn't get published due layout number restrictions.

Miss K.





Thanks for looking...

Happy scrapping M x

1 comment:

Cheers Janet xx said...

I am pretty sure I have a 'similair' photo to your pancake stack one as well M :) .. and I am sure it was taken on the same day at the same table!

So good to see it is being remembered as fondly by you as it is by me :)

J
x