Friday, August 8, 2008

August Inspiration Fiskars Challenge - Nature

I had so much fun doing up this layout using today's prompt... I have had these photos laying around here for ages. When this prompt came up I knew that I just had to play with them. And I must say that the Max Backyard papers were just perfect for them.



We are lucky enough to have family that live 1 1/2 hours drive from where we live in Springton. Springton is situated in the Barossa Valley here in South Australia. They have a large property there where they run beef cattle. We love going up there to help out with the cattle and general jobs around the farm. For the kids it is an amazing opportunity to see a different lifestyle too. They are also able to really experience things there that in the city nothing really compares to. I love being able to go up there for the weekend. The main reasons would be .. no mobile phone (no mobile reception there), no traffic and basicaly a chance to escape and forget about everything that may be happening around you. We don't watch a lot of television while there either.. we play cards.. chat... play board games and work on the farm. Certainly a way of getting back to all things family orientated I feel. I know .... I could go on for ages... I just find the peace and tranquility up there inspiring and very relaxing.. Yes.. even when we are busy...lol....
So.. with this layout I was able to finally scrap to me what is "A Piece of Heaven"... The rich colours of Max's backyard really worked well with showing the comfortable feel of the farm.. and the Cloud 9 Vellum flowers and Heidi Grace flowers are the perfect accent to the paper range.




Fiskars Products used in this layout:
Cloud 9 - Max's Backyard - Meadow Grass Stripe Paper Range
Cloud 9 - Max's Backyard - Double Mat Stack
Cloud 9 Vellum Flowers
Heidi Grace Flowers and Brads
Little Davis Alphabets used as templates on chipboard
Heidi Grace Clear stamps - Urban Acres


Why not have a play with some of your Fiskars goodies and see what you can create with them that has been inspired by nature around you.


Cheers and Happy Scrapping, Michelle

No comments: