Wednesday, January 7, 2009

All the details...and Baby makes 6 !

After a much awaited arrival...
Baby No. 4 ..
our precious little Tarryn finally arrived. Another Fiskars Scrapbooker in the making...lol....

Here's all the gossip about how things went....
I woke up as per usual at 6.30am to have a shower and prepared breakfast. Had planned to have a shared brekkie with the kids and get some housework done during the day so that everything was perfectly in order for the next day when I was going in to be induced as we were overdue and over it all. Well... Tarryn had different thoughts. I had just woken Nate and moved into Kiah's room to get her out of bed when I felt a really bad urge to get to the toilet QUICK! It seemed that my waters had broken.. After what seemed like forever I managed to get down stairs and change. Nate thought it was most funny commenting that I was on the toilet AGAIN !!! and that I had only just been !! Gotta love 5 year olds !! So I woke Troy and told Nate to get Jhane up as she was still asleep....Nate came back to tell us that Jhane wasn't getting up. We told him to go up and tell her the baby was coming and I have never seen an 11 year old fly out of bed and downstairs so quick before... I swear !!..LOL...
So we called my parents to come down and then called a family friend to watch the kids until my parents arrived. We left the kids after they had finished their brekky to head for the hospital.. I was admitted and the long and the short of the labour process was that our newest bundle arrived safe and sound at 1.34pm on January the 4th 2009.. beating the whole induction process... much to my great pleasure. All went very smoothly and I was able to leave the hospital to come home 48hours later. All is going well here at home... settling into a routine so far nicely.. 4 to 5 hourly feeds.. plus she is a very placid baby and seems to tolerate the noisy household we have here.. with the other oh so quiet...LOL....NOT !!! other kids who are besotted with her.
Okay... will leave you with a few pictures that I have managed to get off the camera in the short space of time that I have been home...Stay tuned for more photos as I get myself in the gear here.

Being weighed...weighing in at 8 pound 8.1/2 ounces...


All wrapped up for a cuddle with Mum...not long after my arrival into this world...


Woo Hoo ! Going home ! In the car seat all ready to go.. Heading home at just over 48hours old. 7 January 2009


Thanks to everyone for their kind wishes...Looking forward to catching everyone soon.
Stay tuned for future scrap projects of of our new arrival and our new family.

M xx

7 comments:

Jayne said...

A huge congratulations to you and you family michelle on the arrival of you beautiful baby girl!!!

Kerryn said...

She is just so sweet Michelle. Congratulations to you all! Isn't it amazing how you can have the best laid plans only for them to go completely out the window! Glad she arrived safe and sound and that you are all home ready to get your routines happening. I'm sure we'll see her popping up on scrapbook layouts very soon!

Pam said...

Congratulations on the safe arrival of your beautiful baby girl!

I can't wait to see the car seat photo scrapped... baby bliss? lol
Do we get to ooo and ahhh on the 31st?

Kirsty said...

She is gorgeous! Congratulations Michelle and family:-)

Marisa said...

Congratulations on the safe arrival of 'Tarryn', she is a cutie...she looks so tiny in that car seat, but 8 lbs 8.5ozs isn't that small...Can't wait to see some layout....chat soon.

Lauren said...

Congratulaions Michelle. She is just adorable! And I love that car seat pic - she looks quite comfy!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Michelle and family - Tarryn is just gorgeous! Love her name too! Wish you all so much joy and happiness!