Saturday, May 30, 2009

Fiskars BOM Challenge - Favourite Childhood Toy

I love this photo of me.... My parents have few photos of me from when I was little. They couldn't afford to print photos so therefore they took only a few. When my parents found this photo I fell in love instantly. I thought it was just so cute.

The story behind this photo was about the teddy that I am holding. It was a perfect photo for the Book of Me prompt for today. The teddy was a gift to me from my great grandma who lived in Mons, Belgium at the time I was born. I was lucky enough to meet her twice in my life (once when I has the aged in the photo, 2 years old and once when I was 12 years old). She gave me the teddy which was actually a pale blue and white rabbit.. though it never really looked like a rabbit. I went everywhere with it and I got upset when it wasn't with me.

Unfortunately I don't know what happened to the teddy. I guess it finally gave up after being much loved or perhaps it just got lost. I am not sure bit of a shame really.

Here's my layout about this prompt:

Products used:
Heidi Grace - Reagan's Closet paper range and clear stamps

I hope to scrap layouts about my children's favourite toys next. I still have all their first teddies and hope to keep them for them for when they get older as a memento of when they were little for them to look back on an remember. I think this is definitely a nice thing to remember.

Why not give this challenge a go.

Cheers, M x

1 comment:

Shimano (aka Christine) said...

What a gorgeous layout - I'm the same (not many pics of me when little, no baby pics at all).
xxxx