Friday, June 19, 2009

Scallops Here, Scallops There !

I had a few scraps of patterned paper lying around on my desk that I just couldn't part with... you know the deal.. So I pulled out my Fiskars Threaded Water punch and had a play with the scraps. Cut some of the patterned paper with my trimmer into strips to mix it up a little. Grabbed a photo of my daughter I had been wanting to play with for a while and threw this together. With the larger scallop I had originally used the Fiskars Threaded water punch and then re punched each of the smaller holes using my Fiskars 1/4" circle hand punch. It was easy to do as I was able to see where I was centring each hole on the punch. I then just layered each strip of paper around the photo, overlapping some of the pieces, added a title and some flowers. I then jazzed up my title by adding a bling circle using my USX template as a guide.. I hate getting my circles looking wonky! Added some journalling and I was done. A very quick and easy layout to do using up your scraps.

Here it is:



Why not give it a go. Pull out your punches and scraps and away you go.

TFL, M x

No comments: