Monday, July 4, 2011

"Kissing" Fun at The Scrappers Outlet

hehehehehe...

Bet the title of this blog post got you wondering WHAT I have been up to...hehehehehe.

Well.. this month I got to choose the Card Artistry Challenge at The Scrappers Outlet.

I had to put my thinking cap on for this one. I wanted to do something fun so I decided to use the technique of "kissing".

The kissing technique is a great way to get more use from your stamps. There are several different ways to use this technique:

- Take a background or textured stamp and ink it with a dark color. Place it face up on your work surface. Then ink a solid stamp with a lighter color. Press the solid stamp into the background stamp so that they “kiss” each other. The background stamp leaves a pattern into the solid stamp. Then take the kissed solid stamp and stamp onto card stock.

- As a variation, ink the two stamps in coordinating colors, rather than a lighter shade of the same color, and “kiss” them together. Then press the solid stamp onto card stock.

- Ink a solid stamp and “kiss” it with an un-inked pattern stamp. This removes ink in the shape of the pattern. Stamp the kissed solid stamp onto card stock.


Here's my take on the technique..


Here's a close up of the butterfly that I made using the "kissing technique"


As you can see I used to different colours for mine. I had so much fun playing around with my Marvvy Le Plume markers and Staz on ink.

Why not give it a go.

Head over to The Scrapper Outlet gallery to see what everyone else creates using this technique.

TFL, Michelle

No comments: