Sunday, May 15, 2011

A little bit of inspiration

Our recent trip over Easter provided lots of scrap booking inspiration.

I love to camp and the great outdoors here provide plenty of opportunities for getting out and roughing it.

Our Easter trip was to the Flinders Ranges in South Australia. Plenty of good food, wine, great company, camp cooking and open areas to photograph.

When we got back from our trip it was nice to feel refreshed and revived from getting back to nature. My scrap booking mojo flowed like crazy when I started editing some of the photos from while we were away.

The photo in the layout below especially got me thinking...I wanted to create an inspirational piece for one of my eldest daughter's friends to keep her motivated this year at school. So with a little help from Helmar and FiskarsI got creating.

I love creating dimension and this layout was no exception. I printed the photo out twice (once in a very vintage look and one in full vivid colour) onto A4 Matte photo paper. My first help from Helmar came in the form of Helmar Zapdots. The vivid photo was cropped to feature just my daughter friend. I then adhered it with the Helmar Zapdots over the second print where the image was the same (in real life it almost looks like she is jumping out of the page!)

!)

Then I layered patterned paper and border punched strips, punched with my NEW favourite Fiskars border punch
(hahaha!!! to my crop girls that know what I mean about my border punch favourite.

I even included some of my handmade book page flowers which I adhered using Helmar Liquid Scrap Dots.. YES!! for those that know me I have an ever ready supply of Helmar Liquid Scrapdots on the go all the time!



Here's the full layout.


The quote reads:
"Reach for the stars and you can accomplish anything"

I popped the layout into a 12x12 Scrap booking frame (bit hard to not glare photographing it in the frame, hence why no frame photos) and gave it to my daughter's friend the week after we got back.

I hope that it gives her time to reflect throughout this year when things may get a little tough for her in her first year at high school.

Don't forget to see what the rest of the Helmar Design Team have been up to on the blog.
TFL, Mxx

1 comment:

Unknown said...

wow gorgeous layout hun :)

sounds like you had a awesome time away ;)

hope you are having a great weekend

tc from mel ;)