Sunday, July 24, 2011

Bowling away with Helmar !

Hello everyone.

It is a wet and rainy day here in Adelaide. Perfect weather to hide yourself away and scrap.

Just want to share with you a quick card I whipped up for a neighbours auntie. While cleaning my front porch on Friday my neighbour came over asking if it was possible to create a card for her to give to her bowling mad Auntie that was turning 90.

There was a catch though...
- it was needed by Sunday
- it had to have 90 on it
- it had to be personalised with her Auntie's name on it
and
- it HAD to be bowling themed as her Auntie is a mad keen bowler !

With all this in mind I set to work.

Here's the card I managed to create for her
I was able to create dimension to the front of the card using Helmar Zapdots under the journal spot.

Close up of elements on front of card
I then spent ages looking for a stopper for my trinket pin after I had added some decorative beads. In my mad dash to get the card finished do you think I could find one !!

After giving up I decided to add a small dot of Helmar 450 at the end of the last bead. It worked a treat! Dries clear and held nice and tight too.

Adhering the acrylic numbers inside the window was made easy with a dab of Helmar 450. They aren't coming off in a hurry that's for sure!

So with a little help from Helmar and a digi kit I was able to create this simple but effective card for my neighbour.

Off to get busy creating... I have more cards to create for my neighbour after she saw this one !

TFL, M x

No comments: