Tuesday, July 12, 2011

A Special Birthday Gift

My daughter, Kiah, has a birthday party to attend for a little friend from Calisthenics.

Kiah is most excited about getting to go along and dress up as a fairy for the day to help her friend celebrate.

So being organised I started to think about what to give as a gift. This was a very hard process for me for a few reasons:
1. I don't know what the little girl already has
2. I don't like to give toys
3. The little girls isn't into reading so much that a book is out
So I was stuck as to what to give her.

That was until I found this really cute birthday 6x6 paper. It got me thinking.. I decided to make her up a little 6x6 album to pop her birthday photos into.

First I got to work decorating the album itself.
The cover of the album


Close up of the embellishments on the cover


The pages in the album


Here's a slide show of the 10 pages in the album I made up

Lots of bright colours, sparkles and bling.. just what every little girl likes!

Don't forget too that no birthday present is complete without a card.. so here's the card I made up to go with the album


Fiskars Tools Used -
- Fiskars SureCut Portable Trimmer
- Fiskars Fingertip Knife
- Fiskars Squeeze Punch (Round and Round)
- Fiskars Stamp Press and Blocks
- Fiskars Microtip Scissors
- Fiskars Tool Taxi
- Fiskars Everywhere Window Punch


Adhesive Used -
- Helmar Liquid Scrapdots
- Helmar Adhesive Tape Runner
- Helmar Decoupage Medium
- Helmar Zapdots
- Helmar Acid Free Glue
- Helmar 450

Now to get thinking about the costume she will be wearing for the day.

Better get busy.
TFL, M x

No comments: