Monday, October 22, 2012

Creating with templates

Hello everyone.

Back again to share what else I have been busy creating thanks to the yummy goodies sent to my by Leanne at Mad about Scrappin.

This month I got a chance to play around with some templates.

Now I was itching to play with these when Leanne mentioned sending them.

Now.. I haven't personally had much of a chance to play around with templates much myself. I have dabbled with them with embossing and with paint and ink a little. So when I received these templates I decided to challenge myself a little and must say I had a blast playing with them.

For my first layout I played around with two inks. I mixed them together and used one of the templates to create my own patterned card stock. By varying the pressure on my blender I was able to make the pattern come out strongly or fade off just slightly. I also used a pearl ink so that the pattern also has a slight sheen to it when it moves.



Now for the next layout I really made a mess. I absolutely LOVE this clock template. It is now my best friend and I hope to be able to use it over and over. I have really created lotsa layers on this base using the template, recycled card as my base and some texture paste. Now it did take a bit to dry using the texture paste but was SO worth all the effort. Then once that was dry I gesso sprayed it all lightly and misted the whole base with several different glimmer mist colours. So much mess made but so much fun. The template really helps the background pop!

 
Just a quick note to remember too... don't be daunted by templates.. you don't have to use the whole template and mix it up and try things out yourself too.
 
Thanks again Leanne for getting me to play with the templates they were so much fun.
 
Don't forget to check out the goodies at Mad About Scrappin yourself.
 
TFL, M x

No comments: