Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Challenging the sketch!

 
Welcome to another Mad About Scrappin monthly challenge
using a sketch by the amazing
Anne Patterson.
I love using sketches sometimes when I seem to be stuck in a rut when scrapping. they give me a point to start from and I can usually go from there.
 
Using this sketch was no exception. I loved being able to us little bits and pieces of paper from the Teresa Collins - Memorabilia paper range. I love the colours and just happened to have some perfect photos for the papers too.
 
However.. I did start with the sketch the way it was suppose to be.. believe me I did.. Then I kind went off on my own little track. I wanted to personalise the sketch a little to what I wanted to I played around with placement of the pieces of patterned paper to showcase the stamps I had used on the base of the cardstock.
 

Remember too that the embellishment clusters can be anything you like. Just because it shows stars on the sketch doesn't mean that it has to be stars. It just gives you an idea for placement. I have clustered together some flowers over a cute little manila envelope I inked and stamped to add a little bit of feature to the layout. I love the binding as a crinkled ribbon bow too. I adds that little bit of extra to the floral cluster.

Remember to that the patterned paper doesn't have to stay the way it is. I tied the stamps I used on the base cardstock together with the patterned paper by stamping onto one of the patterned papers prior to cutting my squares. I like the look of not quite having the whole butterfly on the square along with the boldness of the dark stamp on the lighter paper.
 
Why not have a play around with this sketch yourself and see where it takes you.
 
Try playing around with it a little to suit what you want.
 
Remember its all about having fun !
 
TFL, M x

No comments: