Wednesday, January 1, 2014

A Challenge for 2014 !

Welcome to 2014!!
 
I am glad myself that a new year has started and I get a chance to start everything off fresh.
 
I started this year off fresh with Mad About Scrappin and a challenge using a sketch by Anne Patterson.
 
Now.. before I get into the sketch...let me explain something to you. The lovely Leanne, owner of Mad About Scrappin, had sent me a kit to play around with a few months ago. Now.. I am up for any challenge but THIS challenge certainly got me thinking. I received the Jenni Bowlin -  Echo Park Photo Freedom Collection Kit. Now I love the colours in this and knew that playing around with the kit would not be any problem at all. HOWEVER !!!! as I always do I had to push the boundaries even more. I decided that I would use the kit to create this month's sketch AND I would also use the photo pocket sleeves that came with the kit also.
 
Now this certainly was a challenge !!!
 
So..
Here's my take on the sketch...
 
it is a little hard to photograph it in the photo pocket sleeve too I must say.
 I am glad that I was able to make this work. I really enjoyed the challenge I set for myself. It did take a bit of playing around to get it to work for me. But I did have fun.

 Because the kit is made up of a mixture of double sided patterned paper some being full patterns and some being journal cards to fit the photo sleeve pockets I decided to mix it up a little. I found one of the journal cards worked perfectly for the base of my title. I then added some hessian, a wood veneer camera and some acrylic letter to finish off my title. These all fit nicely into the photo sleeve pocket.

By using a little wood veneer frame I was able to print off another photo and add it both as a feature and a starting point for my embellishment cluster.
 
Have you set yourself any challenges lately ?
 
Why not play around with this month's sketch to start things off with a bang.
 
Till next time.
 
TFL, M x

No comments: