Friday, March 21, 2014

Creative Inspiration - Week 12


Hello all.

Hope that this week have been a good one for you all. 

Been a busy week here again with having an exchange student stay with us at the moment. It has been fun to show her around and share our family with her. 

I have managed to get some time to play around with a new kit this week that arrived safe and sound from Mad About Scrappin. Leanne had sent me a photo of the kit and I was most impressed when the kit arrived at the lovely vivid colours that I have to play with this time around. 

So here's the kit.
I wasn't too sure if the colours were going to be too bold however when the kit arrived I couldn't wait to have a quick look through. I am really pleased to with the stickers that come in the kit. There are so many AND I can see that I will use most of them as they are very usable.

For this week's creative inspiration I have created a layout. I have been taking quite a few photos lately and have found quite a few of them I want to scrap. 

So here's this weeks layout.
I have gone with a white base this time around because the colours are bright and patterned. However in saying that I I have used an old black Staz on ink pad that is almost dried up and stamped randomly with a clear stamp and used my hand as a stamp block. This has created a bit of interest to the base card stock without taking over. 
I have also created some texture to this layout by punch circles from the patterned paper and folding them inwards on each side to reveal the colour on the back. I have then adhered then to the bottom as shown. It look effective without taking over. I like to be able to add some homemade embellishment to my layouts sometimes too.
By playing around with some mixed circle punches I have been able to create cutaway to reveal the colours underneath. By doing this the patterns underneath can be seen through and add the the overall look.  I have then played around with some circle and scallops to create the embellishment's for this layout. Adding the title was easy too with a mixture of alphas stickers from my stash and the word candy from the matching sticker sheet.

I have had fun creating this quick and easy layout. I love how the bright colours pop.

Have you played around with a different colour scheme to what you normally do lately ?

Why not give it a go.

Till next week.

TFL, M x

No comments: