Friday, April 11, 2014

Creative Inspiration - Week 15


Hello all. 

Wow... still hard to believe that it is April. The months are just whizzing by this year.

This month is another busy one in this household with two birthdays, Easter 
AND school holidays all in the mix.

So I have gotten busy with the last bits and pieces of this yummy Echo Park range to try and stay on top of things scrap wise.

So first up at the end of this week is Miss K's birthday. Now this year we have decided not to have a big party as she had a big party last year. Instead we are taking along some of her friends to the movies to see Sherman and Mr Peabody which she has been longing to see. After the movie we will come back home for pizza and cake. Super simple and a special way to celebrate with a few good friends.

Now despite the fact that we aren't having a party as such we still wanted to be able to give a small party bag to her friends to say thank you for coming to help Miss K celebrate. 

So with that in mind I have managed to prepare these little bags full of fun surprises from this bright paper range by Echo Park.
I am love with these little party bags I found ages ago at the cheap shop, however I love them even more now they have been personalized.

I have jazzed up the top edge of the party bags with some paper strips that I have given a decorative border punch then added a plain contrasting strip to match. 

Now I have played around with a digital brush and some Project Life graphed journal cards to create the base for the embellishments I have added to the front of the bag. Then I added another strip with the cupcake pattern, which worked perfectly with the theme. 

I finished off the bag with a little pennant flag I made from the lolly print paper, added a twine bow and finished off the flag with a stamped cupcake I mounted with 3D foam tape. A little bit of glitz was added to the cupcake icing as I just couldn't resist adding a bit of sparkle. 

I don't know who is going to love them more.. me or the kids. 

I love being able to take something and make it my own. This time around it was super easy thanks to this paper range by Echo Park which worked perfectly with my theme.

Have you personalized something yourself lately.

Why not give it a try. 

Till next week.

TFL, M x





No comments: