Friday, June 13, 2014

Creative Inspiration - Week 24


Hello all. 

So starts another weekend. 

Here in Adelaide, South Australia this weekend is due to be a wet and miserable one.

Whilst this might be bad for some I see it as an opportunity to lock myself away and scrap. 
Wet Weather = Perfect Scrapping Weather

So today for some inspiration on behalf of Mad About Scrappin I have been playing around with this Echo Park Photo Freedom kit again.

Here's what I have created this week. 
I must say that I really am finding this kit very versatile. This week I decided to go with the boy feel of this kit. It has been a little while since I have created a layout of my son so I felt it was time to get busy.  I like the fact that the kit has a mix of 12'x12' patterned paper AND 12'x12' sheets of journal cards. It means that you have a choice and can mix it up with how you work with this kit. For this layout I have used a mix of the 12'x12' patterned paper and some of the 4'x6' journal cards. 

By mixing it up with washi tape, bakers twine, a couple of brads and a studio calico puffy sticker I was able to embellish this page quite quickly. I mixed it up with my title by using a wooden word as the main part of my title and then used alpha stickers mounted using 3D foam to finish it off. Helped to create a bit of interest on the layout I think.

I even managed to get a bit messy with this layout by adding some Mr Huey ink splodges here and there. I then finished the layout off with some Studio Calico cork chevrons. They helped to add a bit of texture to the layout. I love these too and am really impressed with the quality of them.

Quite happy with the end result of this layout. 

Sometimes it fun to mix things up a little. 

Have you tried to do that yourself lately?

Till next week.

TFL, M x

No comments: