Friday, January 2, 2015

Creative Inspiration - Week 1 2015


HAPPY NEW YEAR !!!!!

Wow !!! 

I cannot believe that a new year has now started.

I hope that you all had an amazing New Years Eve.

So.. I know for my family this year will bring about a lot of new beginnings and changes. I am hoping that this year will be full of much happiness and that we will be able to move forward stronger than ever.

Anyway... I have been playing again with this kit to create a layout for you this week.

This was the last of  three layouts I have created using photos from a family that goes to my two daughters Calisthenics group. I loved this photo when I saw it and knew that I just had to scrap it. Seeings as it is the start of a new year too and my focus is about my family happiness I felt that scrapping this was appropriate. I have not seen such a family so happy together.

So here it is.

I have used a chocolate coloured card stock to matt some baseboard that I have added textured pasted vines and glimmer mist to. But before I did I distressed the edges and played around with some ink. 
I have also added a few little peek a boo lace bits to add some texture to the page.
I have also added a few little peek a boo lace bits and some mixed sequins randomly to add some texture to the page. I love the look of adding sequins as they add a bit of sparkle without being too over the top. Plus they are super fun to play with too. 

I have used a mixture of flowers from my stash. and clustered them together on the left side of the photo on a matching tag from the set and a paper doily. I  then used some bakers twine in the tag and have looped and draped it across the page then added some more sequins.

I also added in the last few die cut frames in the stash. I am quite sad that I have finished them all and MUST get some more. They have been so much fun to play with and add that little bit extra to a layout super easily. I have then finished off the layout by just using some of the matching stickers to create a title for the layout.

Well.. that's the first of many scrap booking posts I hope to share with you all this year.

I am looking forward to challenging myself and getting out and about to scrap more too.

Till next week.

Enjoy holidays.

TFL, M x




No comments: