Friday, October 2, 2015

Creative Inspiration - Week 40 2015


Well... so starts another month. It seems that this year is just whizzing by before my eyes.

This month is going to be a another made and crazy month I can already see. First up we have my eldest finishing her school career in a couple of weeks. Then its my son's 12th birthday. Then to end the month, I have my eldest daughter's 18th birthday with a big party planned to boot !!!! But on top of it all I have placement for TAFE at the same time as this madness!!!!! Oh my... really hope to stay on top of things this month that's for sure.

Anyways... I have been creating with the last bits and pieces of the Carte Bella - Moments and Memories paper range sent to me by Leanne.

This week I have created a pocket page using a mix of the papers from the range.
I quite like making pocket page layouts as it is something a little different. I also find it the easiest way to be able to use more than one 4'x6' photo on a page without it looking too crowded. Plus the fact that you are able to personalise each pocket too. I used the patter paper to matt each photo too and printed the photo with minimal colours so that the colours in the patterned paper shine.

I have used a mix of bits and bobs to personalise each pocket that was free of a photo. I have used a mixed up the title for the layout using a die cut chipboard word and some medium sized alpha stickers. I have tied them all together by colouring them all black to match. I have also added some black newspaper print washi to add a bit of interest into the background on the card. 

I love layering coloured and white paper doilies at the moment. Adds a bit of dimension and colour easily. I have them adhered them to a graph journal card that I have printed with some digital stamps. Then finished off this pocket by adding a wood grain wreath I have coloured black and some matching paper flowers. 

The final pocket I kept simple as I found the pattern on the paper was a bit busy already with the frames. Once again I have layered up some paper doilies and then added a die cut butterflies from my stash. The pocket was then finished off with a journal spot from the paper range.

Quick a bit of fun to create and ended up having a bit of different feel to this layout in the end. I think the little pops of black and the brighter red paper doilies give it a different bold feel. 

Well... off to get some cards made for the upcoming birthdays. 

Looking forward to sharing some more this month.

Take care, M x

No comments: