Friday, December 25, 2015

Creative Inspiration - Christmas Greetings to all

On behalf of Mad About Scrappin I would like to wish everyone a super special Christmas.

I hope that everyone has the opportunity to rest and relax even if it is just for a little while on this mad and crazy day of the year.

I know that I am feeling grateful to be able to share this special day with my children and parents this year. I am looking forward to seeing the smiles on my children's faces and will be soaking up the family time together.

I have a layout to share with you all today using some more of the Summer Vibes paper range by Simple Stories.

Now who says that you have to use Christmas paper to create a Christmas layout.... certainly not me!

Here's the fun layout I have created using a photo from Christmas 2014.
I have used a cream card stock as the base for this layout which I have stamped using a graph stamp randomly to add some detail in the background. I have also used a paper doily from my stash made from kraft paper. I have had it for ages and just haven't had a chance to play with them.

for the larger circles on the page I have adhered the soda pop lid print to some medium sized die cut chipboard circle to add some depth to the layout. I have then stamped a circle journal stamp to create a bit of interest behind the stamp and set the chipboard circle so the some of the stamped journal spot shows. I have then used some of the scraps of the mixed patterns in the range to create some Christmas baubles which I have added bakers twine bows to. It's a little hard to see but there even is a little bit of hand stitching on the layout to add a bit of detail here and there.

Finally I have added a kraft journal spot with the date the photo was taken and a flair to add a bit more dimension to the page. I have also stamped some matching Christmas trees onto the matching paper and hand cut then. These I then mounted using 3D foam dots. 

I quite like the feel of this Christmas themed layout created from paper that IS NOT Christmas themed. Why not think out the box every now and then.

Well hope that everyone enjoys the festivities.

Till next time.

TFL, M x

No comments: