Saturday, February 6, 2016

Creative Inspiration - Family photo fun


Hello... yes I know... this post was supposed to be up online yesterday. I know.. I am a day late.. However with TAFE going back on Thursday and then having a full day of placement yesterday along with the first week back at school for the kidlets things have been a little hectic.

Anyways.. without and more dribble.. I have created one last layout to share with you from the Pink Fresh Studio Paper range - Up in the Clouds.

Here's the layout I have created to share.
I have to admit to that I have FINALLY had a chance to have a bit of a play with my new Brother Scan N Cut. I have only had it for about six months !!!! And was actually supposed to buy a new cutting machine about 2 and a half years ago!!

I have double matted some of the patterned paper in the range as the base for my layout. I have used a Kraft card stock base first and then added a pop of colour with some aqua card stock which matched the aqua in the patterned paper. I quite liked the pattern on the paper and really didn't want to loose too much of the pattern. I have then used my cutting machine to cut a mask in white so it didn't over power the pattern on the paper.  

I have used a mix of journal cards both in Kraft and pattern to create the base for my embellishment cluster on the bottom of the photo I framed in a premade frame from my stash. I have added a bit of garden twine too create a bow to tie the Kraft colouring into the patterned paper. Then finished off the cluster with some mixed ephemera from my stash.

I have then added a few odds and ends to the top left side of the photo overlapping some of the patterned paper which I have added some cute arrow washi tape to. I then added the word tag to finish off the layout for my title with 3D foam tape.

I had so much fun playing with this paper range. I was also super excited to be able to play with the photo on this layout as its not often that I get all four kidlets together in one photo.

Well better back to it.. off to finish off creating in a new paper range to share next week.

Till then.

TFL, M x

No comments: